If you have multiple user accounts on your PC as I do, it can be frustrating that apps don't install for all users. I purchased some games for my grandkids to play from the windows store but was confused when they didn't show up in my wife's profile. I had to do a little digging but found that the workaround was really quite easy. Any apps that you purchase can be used legally on any device that you own, and in multiple profiles on those machines.

If you set up profiles for your kids or grandkids and want them to be able to use games that you installed from the windows store in your profile you must do the following. Go to each of the profiles, open the windows store, drag down from the top of the screen for the menu and choose My Apps. You will have to log in to your Microsoft account and enter your password. Then look at the "Apps not installed" list in the drop down box. All your games and other apps that you have installed to your profile will show up and you can add them to your kid's profiles.

The only drawback is that the store will automatically use your profile when installing apps. You don't have to worry about the kids spending your money because the store will ask for your password before you can purchase.

It would be nice if you could choose to install apps for all users, but at least there is a workaround.