New Lounger
    Thanks

Dragging Scroll Bar Closes Browser Tabs

Holding and dragging the scroll bar down randomly results in one or more tabs in my browser closing. Since it happens in both Firefox and Chrome, Windows 8 would seem the likely suspect. But, despite many searches, I've found nothing. Read a bunch about gesturing in the OS and Browsers, but, again, nothing.

Any help or suggested research areas would be most appreciated.

BTW, I'm a desktop kind of guy, so no touch screen here. Just regular big screen Dell monitor and Logitech mouse. Windows 8.1, i7, and way more memory & disk than I ever thought possible.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Do you have the latest Logitech drivers?

If it is a wireless mouse, have you checked the batteries?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    New battery was installed about 2 weeks ago & the closing of tabs happened both before & after. I checked & have the latest driver.

Thanks
    Not sure if this is what is causing your issue, but with me, when I had Windows 8.0 (Desktop mode), everything was absolutely perfect. However, after installing the Windows 8.1 upgrade, I started having various nagging issues. I restored the latest Windows 8.0 image that I had made, and once again, everything works perfectly.

If you had Windows 8.0 and then upgraded to Windows 8.1, if your issue started after you did the upgrade, and if you made an image right before you did the upgrade to 8.1, you might try restoring that 8.0 image.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    mrjimphelps, maybe your on to something. I started noticing this effect about a month or so ago ... and that was around the time of my the 8.1 upgrade. I do have a backup from that time, but too much would be lost returning to it. So, if anyone comes across a solution to this, let us know ...