Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Star Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox freezes only when viewing HuffPost

Don't know if this belongs here, but here goes....Up to date Win 7 using FF w/ Adblock Plus and No Script addons...When viewing HuffingtonPost FF Freezes for up to a minute over and over. When I switch to IE, it mainly works, but it too freezes occasionally. Can get no help from HuffPost, FF, nobody knows nuttin. Only happens on that site, any suggestions????

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Can't offer a solution, but I've found this a problem on "image/flash heavy" sites with FF26 but doesn't do it with 27.01.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    irjc, thanks...but this has been going on for ff 25,26,27, and 27.1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rubinontheroad View Post
    Don't know if this belongs here, but here goes....Up to date Win 7 using FF w/ Adblock Plus and No Script addons...When viewing HuffingtonPost FF Freezes for up to a minute over and over. When I switch to IE, it mainly works, but it too freezes occasionally. Can get no help from HuffPost, FF, nobody knows nuttin. Only happens on that site, any suggestions????
    Are you sure this is FF freezing? I have heard that spending too much time reading HP that it will cause ones brain to freeze like that.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Russ, any other sites you think would do that?

Thanks
    Thanks Russ, any other sites you think would do that?
    It is not what I think. It is what "THEY" say! Beware "They"! "They" are usually wrong.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    I first read about this on another forum, not sure if this is one and the same person...but I've even experienced it lagging or not responding in IE 11, while FF and Chrome handles the site with no problem for me. My conclusion; and this is just for my browsers....the problems lies with the browser being 32 or 64 bit. IE being true 64 bit and FF/Chrome being 32 bit.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Mr Bassfisherman.....as I think more about when it happens, it also happens on IE11. I switch when ff gets to be a pain and IE locks up too, not for long, but it does it too. After going back and forth ff-IE, when I get to the end of main page it settles down on ff and the rest of HP seems to be fine. As I said I disable "NoScript" and "ABP" and the rest of the site goes OK. Got me, but thanks anyway.....

Thanks
    You must have the Republican version of Firefox..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Banyarola, I never thought of that!!!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I still have the problem, FF 27.1 locks up almost immediately on HuffPost, I switch to IE 11 and it works for a few clocks then it too starts locking up. It seems to happen more on the main page even with No Script and ABP disabled, then on the secondary pages and of course no responses from FF or HuffPost. There is so much junk on the pages, tracking, ads etc that I can see this happening to others, not just me. Oh well, I will just keep switching between FF and IE, life goes on.....

New Lounger
    Thanks
    "Everything" freezes when viewing Huffpost, in my experience---Chrome, FF, and IE. It's usually for 20 seconds or so, but sometimes much longer. (I'm running Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Then I guess this will be the question that stumps the "Lounge". I am glad that it is not just me, misery loves company......

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem with the "new" version of Yahoo! mail. Never tried it with IE, but it always happened with FF, current and patched version, current and patched 64 bit OS's (Vista and 7 both). If I remembered to start Task Manager first, I saw maxed processor usage. In the case of YahooMail, I solved it by reverting to the "classic" interface. I never found a satisfactory answer on internet forums.

(Long lurker, first post!)
    Last edited by toextra; 2014-02-27 at 17:01.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    for the hell of it, I tried using aol to access HuffPost . . . glacial . . . drank a lot of coffee waiting for something to read

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast