Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy My HP computer PC i7 suddenly has stopped playing some videos in IE11

Hi! It is my first post.. My HP computer PC i7 suddenly has stopped playing some videos in IE11. For example, when viewing the site www.JewelleryMaker.com , the videos plays, sound is audible, but the visual part of the video is not showing. It happened after I installed and run the application Drivers Update. I must add that I went to a number of sites like YouTube and found that the videos on these sites play with no problem, but on one other site - Knitting..., it was the same problem. There I discovered, that when I click 'Full Screen', I can see image, but it is not convenient to me when I want to buy on the site and work on other things on the desktop at the same time. I tried all what anybody advised on internet - nothing helped. I tried go back to the old driver for Video etc., but I could not find out how, I have not any list of drivers, old and new, I can see only the new one! Site owners don't know what I can else do..

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hi Nejlika,

Was one of the suggestions that you'd found on the Internet to use a restore point prior to installing Driver Update, click on Choose a different restore point, Show more restore points and then Scan for affected programs because your computer or the program will have created a restore point prior to installing any programs or drivers.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-02-20 at 11:29.

Thanks
    Thanks, but sorry, I have no idea where I can find it?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Go Start and type system then click on System then on System Protection in the left pane.

Click on the System Restore button - Next - where you will be presented with a list of restore points.

There should be one associated with the video driver update, but if it isn't listed then click on Show more restore points.

If it's listed as the driver install then choose the restore point before that, then click on Scan for affected programs and it should list the video driver as being one of the affected items.

Click OK/Next and Windows will do the rest.

Another way to roll back the driver is in Device Manager/Display adapters.

This is accessed by going Start and type devmgmt.msc then press Enter.

Expand Display Adapter then right click on the graphics adapter and select Properties and under the Driver tab there will be a button to Roll back driver but this may not always be active and could be greyed out, so using the restore points is probably the better option.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

nejlika (2014-02-21)

Thanks
    I tried to do it 5 times. Every time I've got message that the error happened and it was impossible to reach file, possibly because of virus protection. It was said to disable antivirus app. I did it, but it did not helped. I COULD not restored system (using different dates). I am completely gutted because also my computer did not want install Adobe Reader and I can't read some PDF! Using PDF Opener I can't print these PDF texts, I do not know why! Just when I tried to install Adobe Reader, they wanted me to install that Drive Updater which made all that mess with video..

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think you want to get rid of that Driver Updater program.

AV programs can interfere with System Restore and rather than leave the computer vulnerable by disabling it, tap F8 as you switch the computer on and select Safe Mode then retry the restore points.

To access the same System Protection window in Safe Mode you will need to type system protection then press Enter or click on the top option.

AV programs are not loaded in any of the Safe Mode options.

Did you check Device Manager to see if you had the option to roll back the driver from there ?

Check from Show more restore points to see if you still have one prior to installing Driver Updater and that should resolve the graphics driver update as well, but primarily look for the one prior to the graphics driver update.

To revert to a normal boot from Safe Mode, just shut down as normal then reboot.

If you ever have problems installing anything normally then you can select the Safe Mode with Networking option via F8 on boot.

Where are you attempting to download Adobe Reader from as you don't normally get a prompt to download those sort of programs.

When you've sorted the restore points, boot up again while tapping F8 and select Safe Mode with Networking and try the Reader download from www.adobe.com

There's also an update for Adobe Flashplayer which you can do as well.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-02-21 at 15:19.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

nejlika (2014-02-21)

Thanks
    I am really desperate. I tried go to Safe mode, but to tape F8 does not do what it should. I 've got the strange noise in computer and trembling desktop and after nothing happened. I have no idea WHEN I should press F8, but I tried many different occasions - when started, when shut down and etc., in the best fall nothing happened. And with my Explorer 11 it is worse and worse. Now not only I can't see video on some of sites but when I try f.ex. buy something, on many sites I get 'This Page can't be displayed' message. Many links on many sites do not open but I keep getting the same message and empty page. I could not install Adobe Reader, I could not restore computer to the date before I was so stupid to update drivers! And today I have got a new hub for better broadband and of course the HP printer became OFFLINE and I must use a cable to print! I tried to open the printer website to put in new settings from the new hub - but of course, 'The Page Can't be displayed'!! I am sick of all this. I am the old woman (79) and I am not able anymore to do complicated manipulations on computer hours and hours. I am gutted and desperate..

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    nejlika,

Start tapping F8 repeatedly as soon as you see the splash screen on computer startup.

Zig

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zig For This Useful Post:

nejlika (2014-03-08)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If tapping F8 as you switch on doesn't work then you can get into Safe Mode by going Start - type msconfig then press Enter.

Click on Boot then the check box for Safe Mode and then the one for Network - Apply - OK - Restart

When it reboots, a Help page opens which you can read through if you want but can close in the normal way by clicking on the red X in the top right corner.

You are now in Safe Mode with Networking and to revert to a normal boot, go into msconfig again and uncheck the Safe Boot box and repeat the previous steps to restart.

Use my link for www.adobe.com to see if Adobe Reader and/or Flashplayer will install now.

If that fails, come back to the forum then go Start - type cmd.exe and then press Enter.

At the command prompt type chkdsk and press Enter.

When it has completed, right click in the text area of the command window, click on Select All then press Enter.

You can then paste its report into the reply box by right clicking and select Paste.

That vibration shouldn't be happening and chkdsk will report on the state of the files and if it finds any bad sectors on the HDD.

Which version of IE did you have before updating to IE 11 ?

IE 11 doesn't always play well with Win 7 or some sites may not have updated to accommodate it and reverting to/installing IE 10 can sometimes resolve any IE 11 induced problems, but let's see what chkdsk has to report before going on to that and trying the restore point in Safe Mode.

Edit - Probably a bit late now but I had intended to add that before clicking on Install for either Adobe Reader or Flashplayer, uncheck any boxes that will bundle either Google Chrome or McAfee security.

Also, where were you trying to download Reader from as you wouldn't normally get Driver Updater bundled from Adobe and it's possible that you could have picked up an infection if it wasn't the official Adobe.com site.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-03-08 at 14:04.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

nejlika (2014-03-08)

Thanks
    Thank you very much indeed, I will try tomorrow. But when you write about boot - I have not at all any moment when starting computer that Bios is accessible to go this way to the Safe Mode.. If I understood right, I must do this from Start when I am already in Windows, not before Windows starting (I thought it was then I should tap F8, but nothing happened then). OK, I will let you know if I succeeded.. I have IExplorer 11, but HOW I can go back to 10?? And my son who is electronic master of science (but in acoustics) said the same as you - it can be some malicious infection! I uninstalled this Driver Updater app., but it of course was already too late, it worked before very busy.. Greetings to all helpers!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As soon as you switch on start tapping F8 at a rate of ~ 1 per second.

You'll get the splash screen pop up and then a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left of the screen.

When that cursor moves down a line you can usually stop tapping F8 but it won't hurt tapping it until the options appear on the screen and then you just use the Down cursor arrow to highlight your choice and press Enter, then wait for the computer to load the basic drivers to give you the mode you have selected.

Safe Mode with Networking is usually favourite as you can do most stuff in that mode as you can in a normal boot and once in, retry the restore points to one or two prior to the Driver Updater install but before clicking Next for it, click on Scan for affected programs to see what else the restore will affect.

To go back to IE 10 if that is the version you had before upgrading to 11, go Start (or press the Windows key) then type installed updates and click on View installed updates.

When they've loaded scroll down the page until you find Windows Internet Explorer 11 - you can either right click on it to select Uninstall or as the instructions at the top of the page instruct, click on it then select Uninstall from the top menu bar and wait for the computer to do it's thing.

Prior to uninstalling IE 11, open IE then click on Tools (cog in top right) - click on Internet options and make an exact note of what is typed for your Home page.

Click on Advanced then on Reset and in the next window check all of the boxes.

After you have uninstalled IE 11 from Installed Updates and you are back to a near enough normal computer with IE open, click on Tools then on About Internet Explorer.

This will tell you which version you now have.

If it displays as IE 10 then good, but to prevent continued Windows updates for IE 11, uncheck the box for Install new versions automatically - OK

Next, go Start and type windows update and press Enter.

It will probably already have a Recommended update to install, which will be for IE 11.

Click on that and it will take you to the page where you can select which updates you want to install.

Check the box next to that and for the Bing Toolbar if it's trying also to push that (don't know anyone who has that) then right click on the IE 11 one and select Hide - you may have to repeat that for the Bing update if it's there.

If they aren't included now, you will get security updates for IE 10 if that is the version that it has reverted to and which you should accept.

When you are notified of Windows updates, ensure that the one for IE 11 hasn't returned.

If it hasn't reverted to IE 10 then you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...0-details.aspx

If when you open IE 10 after you get its initial install page and it doesn't display your original Home page when you click on the Home page icon (little house near the Tools cog), then click on Tools - Internet options and you can back space what is entered and type in what you made a note of for your preferred Home page.

When everything is back up and running, attempt to do what you were before with the PDFs etc. but never download any Adobe products from anywhere except www.adobe.com and then uncheck any boxes for additional bundled software such as for Google Chrome or McAfee, which are the only bundled items you are likely to get from the official Adobe site.

And I'll await your next update.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-03-09 at 06:06.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

nejlika (2014-03-09)

Thanks
    Hi, I just finished try with the Safe Mode. I succeeded to start computer in the Safe Mode and tried to restore to the 13 February 2014. But Restore system kept to show me ONLY the date 2 days ago! I clicked on 'Restore computer on the earlier time' - but how much I clicked on it, NOTHING showed up! Worse, 'System' window became frozen every time I tried to click on something, looking for any possibility to get earlier date! Obviously I was not allowed to restore computer to time before the drivers have been installed.. I tried as well Device Manager and roll down drivers, but IT WAS NOT SUCH OPTION at all (in ordinary mode the option is grey). I had to give up restore and I tried to install Adobe Reader. It was AGAIN partly blocked installation by an unknown error!! This is all like in nightmare - nothing works, not any solution! Now only my hope is to go back to Explorer 10, but I still have not any Adobe Reader!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When you first open the restore window and click on Choose a different restore point - Next - and then on Show more restore points - does it give you any more than the two ?

Your computer seems to be displaying symptoms of an infection as they tend to try to prevent remedial steps from being taken, such as restore points and downloads, but boot up into Safe Mode with Networking again and see if you can download the free version of SAS

If you are successful with that, click on the System Tools & Settings button below Scan your Computer then click on Uninstall Unwanted Programs.

Can you tell us if and what it lists ?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

nejlika (2014-03-09)

Thanks
    Hi, Restore DID NOT give me any time point more than ONE, the 7 March 2014. I installed SAS in normal mode, it listed several programs (I don't remember them, it was many I knew names of, like My Search or My Backup smth.,) and I clicked on every one of them but only one was uninstalled, it was Optimizer smth (forgot name) and rest of programs disappeared from the list when I clicked on Uninstall. Should I install SAS ONLY in Safe Mode?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can install SAS in Safe or normal mode but when an infection is suspected, it's best to install and run it in Safe Mode.

With SAS started can you click on Uninstall Unwanted Programs again to see if the list is still clear ?

When you clicked on each one, did you also select Uninstall ?

If the list is now clear, click the Back and then Home buttons and then the button for Complete Scan then Scan your Computer.

This will take a while and could be for an hour or so, so be patient and let us know if it finds anything which you can then delete.

Boot back up into normal mode and try www.adobe.com again for the Reader download.

To stop the SAS banner popping up each time you boot up, go Start - type msconfig then press Enter.

Click on Startup then uncheck the box for SAS - Apply - OK then Restart.

If you ever decide to uninstall SAS, ensure that you go back into msconfig to re-check its box otherwise you can end up with orphaned files and that item will remain in msconfg/Startup.

I'll wait to see if you have any questions but will have to shove off for a couple of hours or so although will check back later to see how you are getting on.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-03-09 at 15:10.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

nejlika (2014-03-09)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast