2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

RoboForm won't access Windows Secrets

I have been using RoboForm for quite some time, but just recently, it quit accessing the Widows Secrets site. When I click on the log-in screen for that site, it takes me to a page where new members can log in or sign up instead of applying the user name and password as it does for all my other log-in locations. When I try clicking on the "Forget your Password" link I get the following message: NOT FOUND The requested URL/subscription-preferences/ was not found on this server. I get that message every time I try to connect with something related to Windows Secrets. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    lodidad1,

Your setup for the Lounge should look like this int he RF password editor.
    roboform.JPG
    If it doesn't use the Editor to delete it (after writing down your password).
    Then go back to the WindowsSecrets.com site and login manually and then save the login. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry it took so long for me to reply. About the time your reply came in, my computer went on the fritz. I couldn't get on line and I had other problems. System Restore didn't fix things so I reinstalled everything from a very recent system image. Your insert shows what the lounge should look like and it does for the lounge. For Windows Secrets it doesn't look that way at all. Here's a picture of mine:Capture.GIF

So now where do I go from here? I tried logging in manually and saved it in RF, but it didn't work. I mus be doing something wrong some where!

Thanks
    lodidad1,

Funny my login for the newsletter doesn't work either on FireFox, even if I just click on the Sign in link I get a 404 error. However, everything works just fine if I try to login on IE. Go figure! However, my RF entry for the newsletter shows only a Log (email address) and pwd (password) entry. HTH

RG

VBA Rules!

Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My computer is still having problems with Windows Mail, so I haven't been getting any messages there. I'll try using IE and see if I have a problem there and I'll let you know.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The RF problem exists even when IE is the default browser. So - no good there.

Thanks
    lodidad1,

Have you tried logging in manually? If this works then just resave the information using the save button on the RF toolbar and make sure you save it using the same name to overwrite the old one (make sure you write down the login information first. It that doesn't work I'd suggest using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall RF and then reboot and reinstall (make sure all your RF info is backed up first although the uninstall should not touch your user data it's better safe than sorry).
    Also if you have more than 10 credentials saved make sure your license hasn't reverted to the free version. Right-Click on the RF icon in the task tray, select options and then version and make sure the 3rd line says PRO Version and how many days since install. HTH

RG

VBA Rules!

Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    The RoboForm login appears to be for the Windows Secrets main login page not the Lounge.

Perhaps you overwrote the RoboForm Login for the Lounge inadvertently. This could easily happen if you have a paid subscription to the newsletter and logged in to view it.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally got my mail system working (had to get the modem reset) so I have received a backlog of messages. I tried the Geek's suggestion for logging in manually and then saving it (replacing the old). Now both log ins are working the way they should. Thanks to all for your help solving the problem.