New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 8 upgrade

I have a copy of Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 32-bit/64-bit Eng Intl VUP DVD. SKU 3UR-00006

I also have a new pc with Windows 8.1 "Home" on it.

My Question is:

Can I do a clean install, onto a separate partition of the Pro edition, Then run the upgrade to 8.1 from the store.

This will then be a dual booting system.

I can join it to a domain, which is the main reason for doing it.

It is a bit of a long winded way instead of just upgrading the Home version to pro, but I have the disc and license going spare.

Will it install and activate, or will it Install and not activate because it is a clean install.

Will it recognise the win 8.1 installation and use that to verify the upgrade version

How does any of the options affect the licensing?

Many Thanks

Chris

Thanks
    Yes you can.

I ask why would you want to have a dual boot setup with two identical OS's.

To create a partition, install 8 Pro, then upgrade to 8..1 Pro on the same new PC that has 8.1 is a bit redundant. Unless, the dual boot would be 8.1 on one partition and 8.1 Pro on the other partition. Again I don't see the significance and there's not much difference between 8.1 and 8.1 Pro.

Yes...you can if you so desire.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I agree it's redundant, I wanted to make sure the Install and upgrade worked before I removed the original Home version.

Do you know if I can just install to a blank drive, and what the license implications are, seeing as its an upgrade version of the software, I have searched everywhere I cant seem to get a solid answer?

Chris