2014-02-25, 17:03 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Sacramento, California, USA
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Word 2010: can't load web page from valid link
1. Ctrl+Click the link. I get "Unable to open <url>. Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server.
2. Right click, copy the link.
3. Paste into a browser's URL field and press enter. The page loads normally.
What is Word doing???
The only odd thing about the URL is that it starts with an IP address rather than a domain name. Here and there on the Web I've found posts by other people who have encountered this problem with an IP address in a URL, but I haven't found any answers.
Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2014-02-26, 00:34 #2
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Thanked 183 Times in 168 Posts
Cross-posted at: http://www.msofficeforums.com/word/1...age-valid.html
For cross-posting etiquette, please read: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184Cheers,
[MS MVP - Word]
The Following User Says Thank You to macropod For This Useful Post:
Charles Kenyon (2014-02-26)