3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any way to open a link with my non-default browser

Currently running W7 Home.
    I have an icon on my desktop that opens a particular web-site (my daily newspaper).

My default browser is IE9.

However, that site does not play well with IE9. It works fine with google chrome or firefox.

Is there any way I can click on that icon and have it open with Chrome?

Mel

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try creating a shortcut to chrome and add the desired webpage as a parameter:

First make a copy of your shortcut that launches chrome. Right-click the shortcut and choose "Properties". On the "Shortcut" tab, edit the "Target" box to add a space at the end followed by the desired url, ala:

"c:\users\...\chrome.exe" newspaper.com

(Note: if the path to chrome.exe is in quotes, make sure you add your url outside the quotes.)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Chrome can do that right from the menu. First go to the website of choice. Then in tools>create application shortcuts... you can choose desktop shortcut, start menu, quick launch toolbar, or, all three.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    DG:

Thank you. That worked perfectly!

Mel

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you checked to see if the site will open with Compatibility View in IE9 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2536204

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dg1261 View Post
    Try creating a shortcut to chrome and add the desired webpage as a parameter:

First make a copy of your shortcut that launches chrome. Right-click the shortcut and choose "Properties". On the "Shortcut" tab, edit the "Target" box to add a space at the end followed by the desired url, ala:

"c:\users\...\chrome.exe" newspaper.com

(Note: if the path to chrome.exe is in quotes, make sure you add your url outside the quotes.)
    This is how I set up all of my internet shortcuts. In this way, you will always get the browser of choice; and it will always open up a new browser window, rather than changing your current browser window to a different web address.