3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Konica Minolta magicolor 4690MF EasySet

I have a Konica Minolta magicolor 4690 MF printer. When printing reports from my Payclock PC600, I always have to go into the "Preferences" window to select the paper setup in the EasySet. It won't let me save the parameters I set up for that program as the default for that program. I was able to do that with other files to print automatically. It always prompts me by asking if I want to save the setting as the default for that file, and clicking "yes" and then "apply" on the next windows does nothing to actually save it. Please advise.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If it is on Vista, Win7, Win8, or Win8.1 try executing the app with "Run as Administrator" and see if the settings stay.

Joe

Thanks
    Go to Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer, and choose Preferences. If you set the preferences in the Devices and Printers screen, they should stick. They don't usually stick when you set them in the popup window which appears when you are doing a print job.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Trying JoeP517 suggestion, doesn't work. Trying mrjmphelps suggestion - the EasySet choice sticks to "Lathem Rep", as it should, but the paper source pops back to "Tray 1, Multisource", the bypass tray, which I have set for envelopes. Also, now all my programs have "Lathem Rep" as the EasySet. I wonder if it just doesn't like the program because I don't have a problem getting it to behave properly with other documents in Excel and Word.

Thanks
    Is there a control panel on your printer which will allow you to set the default paper tray? Not the printer driver, but the printer itself.

If there isn't a control panel on the printer, then there may be one IN the printer. If there is, your printer will have an IP address (for example, 192.168.0.1). If so, you could log into the printer's internal control panel by going to http://192.168.0.1.

Setting a default printer tray IN the printer will probably override all other defaults.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, there is a control panel on the printer for setting which paper tray to use. I could set the multipurpose tray (which is the one Lathem wants to use when printing the reports) to plain paper instead of envelope, but that's more fiddling around than what I've been doing to change the preferences the way I have been doing. Is that what you're getting at?

Thanks
    Yes. In other words, you will set one tray as your default tray using the printer's control panel. That is the tray the printer will always (or should always) default to, unless it is told otherwise.

By "told otherwise", I mean that if you print a Word document, you can specify that the document will be printed using a different paper tray for that document only.

At least with Word it is easy to change the printer tray as needed, whereas with your Payclock program it sounds like it will be much more difficult to set a default printer tray.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2014-03-06)