2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Twice now, the newsletter was emailed me and put in my spam folder.

Not sure why or who P.Oed Yahoo. Just wanted to pass this info on. Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Might be because more than one identical copy was delivered at the same time, therefore identified as a bulk mailing similar to spam that was flagged by the filters. Gmail has done the same thing to mine until it was added to the safe senders list.

Thanks
    Whitelist it - mark it as "Not Spam" and add "Editor@WindowsSecrets.com" to your contact list. I use Yahoo and I receive it fine.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did list it as not spam twice satrow; we shall see if it gets in my spam folder next week.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If March 5 newsletter was mailed, I didn't receive it this week. Might have bee put in bulk mail again. I went again and took the extra step of adding a rule so that the newsletter will go to my inbox since apparently declaring it as not spam might not be good enough so thanks for that extra tidbit satrow. Not sure why, after more then a few years, all of a sudden Yahoo sees the newsletter as spam. Oh well.

edit:

Well, it looks like the rule worked; got the newsletter in my inbox (may or may not have before the rule; who knows. lol). Again thanks for the idea satrow.
    Last edited by lylejk; 2014-03-06 at 08:09.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lylejk View Post
    Not sure why or who P.Oed Yahoo. Just wanted to pass this info on. Maybe someone here can enlighten me.
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Whitelist it - mark it as "Not Spam" and add "Editor@WindowsSecrets.com" to your contact list. I use Yahoo and I receive it fine.
    contact@windowssecrets.com should also be added.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    contact@windowssecrets.com should also be added.
    Any specific reason why that should be added, George?

Thanks
    Any specific reason why that should be added, George?
    Its the address used to notify members of new posts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Its the address used to notify members of new posts.
    That's not the Newsletter outgoing email address and it's likely to be replied to from an individual Lounge staff member's address (not the originating address or from a Newsletter staff address), should you send a message to it. They are, and should be treated as, separate entities - but, if you wanted to take a belt and braces approach to whitelisting all WSL -related emails, that would be a useful addition.

Thanks
    That's not the Newsletter outgoing email address and it's likely to be replied to from an individual Lounge staff member's address (not the originating address or from a Newsletter staff address), should you send a message to it. They are, and should be treated as, separate entities - but, if you wanted to take a belt and braces approach to whitelisting all WSL -related emails, that would be a useful addition.
    I have both addresses in my contacts list.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the address in my address book but Thunderbird insists on warning me "this message may be a scam." I receive the weekly email through Gmail into Thunderbird via IMAP.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My Email comes to me via Mozilla-SeaMonkey, and for many years the Windows Secrets Newsletter has gone into its own SeaMonkey folder. It still goes there. SeaMonkey does not put my weekly Windows Secrets Newsletter into the Junk folder, but the latest SeaMonkey version (2.24) does put a red stripe at the Newsletter top with a warning that "SeaMonkey thinks this message may be a scam." There is a place to kill the warning, but the next week's issue comes with the same warning.

A lot of Mozila-SeaMonkey code is from Mozilla-Thunderbird, so now I at least have a guess where that warning comes from.

I will post an item about this on MozilaZine, and see if someone has a fix. If so, I will report back here.

R.N. (Roger) Folsom
    Last edited by RNFolsom; 2014-03-17 at 14:26.