3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Outlook 2010 Address Book empty

I have set up Outlook 2010 on a new Windows 7 PC and imported all names and email addresses from the old PC via a csv file.

My Contacts are populated, but I have an empty Address Book.

I did some research online and the answers I found were to tick the setting 'Show this folder as an Outlook Address Book', or if that didn't work, to create a new Mail profile, as Outlook 2010 does not allow a repair to the Address Book Service which was somehow corrupted.

As the tick in Contacts Properties, adjacent to 'Show this folder as an Outlook Address Book' is greyed out, I created a new Mail profile called Outlook1 and pointed Outlook to always use this profile.

Then I did the import of the csv file again and exactly the same thing happened. Contacts are populated, but the Address Book is empty and when I look at Contacts Properties, the tick adjacent to 'Show this folder as an Outlook Address Book' is greyed out.

I would be grateful for some wisdom.

Thank you.
    useful

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just letting you all know that I solved my problem by uninstalling and re-installing the software ... I have no idea why it failed, but rather than spend more time trying to figure it out, I just re-did it and it now works fine.

Thank you.
    useful