New Lounger
    Thanks

Lenovo Ideapad Z560 running Win 7 isn't offered SP1 update

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z560 running Windows 7. Windows update does not offer Service Pack 1. Some digging around Microsoft's website tells me that the video drivers for this laptop will not work with SP1. Lenovo has not updated these drivers. Does this mean that SP1 cannot be installed? I understand IE 11 needs SP1 in order to be installed. Does this mean that I can't upgrade IE 9 IE 11? Any suggestions?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    According to this page:
    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-.../380341/page/6

the answer is to uninstall the video drivers and install the latest driver from the Intel site.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice Jerry. I deleted the video drivers and went to the Intel website and got new ones using the advisor program. Win SP1 was listed when I went to the update section in the control panel. After installing SP1, Microsoft update then listed over 90 updates and security patches to install. I just wish that Lenovo, Microsoft and Intel would better coordinate what to do when it comes to upgrades and not be so confusing for end users of their products.

Thanks
    You're welcome. Happy to hear it worked.

Jerry