Thanks

Clipboard stuck on Paste command

I seem to have something stuck in the clipboard, that is giving me problems in OneNote MX. Is there some secret that I am missing to cleaning out the clipboard?

Help!
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks jw. I had read that but didn't think that that would do it. Well I tried it and it seemed to work ok, but the problem still persists.
    Here is exactly what is happening:

OneNote MX as I assume most of you know has a wheel that has the commands such as copy/paste on it. On mine for some reason or another, the "paste" command is always showing even though now I know for sure there is nothing left to paste.
    I also just deleted the app, and reinstalled it, but it still shows paste. This also means that I am unable to copy from the note.
    I'm open for suggestions here.

John

Screenshot (31).jpg
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2014-03-02 at 12:46.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It doesn't change to Copy (which can be changed to Cut) if you select something like a word?

How do you know for sure there's nothing to paste, and what happens if you do click on Paste?

Bruce

Thanks
    Nope, nothing at all I can't select anything, other than a photo.

After I ran the clipboard utility a I went back into OneNote MX, clicked on paste and nothing happened. I then opened a blank word document and did the same ctrl + V and again nothing pasted.
    I even uninstalled OneNote MX again, rebooted reinstalled and same thing. I am unable to copy any text.
    Thanks John

Thanks
    ok, here is what is going on. As Bruce pointed out, it doesn't change to copy. What I am not seeing is the "font" radial. I got it to pull up for a few seconds, but it has disappeared again. That is what's missing. Will continue playing with it.
    Thanks John