Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the support.
    I will check into http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...Vista-Service-.

I stumbled upon Vista SP2 iso#342267 in the mydigital life forum. The files appear to be one day earlier than my SP2 files.
    I would like to find out who created this iso and if it really is SP1 and SP2 slipstreamed onto Vista prior to using it for a repair install.

Does anyone know anything about it?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dick_blaine View Post
    Thanks for the support.
    I will check into http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...Vista-Service-.

I stumbled upon Vista SP2 iso#342267 in the mydigital life forum. The files appear to be one day earlier than my SP2 files.
    I would like to find out who created this iso and if it really is SP1 and SP2 slipstreamed onto Vista prior to using it for a repair install.

Does anyone know anything about it?
    The posts I've seen @ mydigital life claim to have SP2 integrated. HOWEVER, there is no telling the origin of the ISO file. Since the links from Microsoft's partner Digital River are no longer active it is a crapshoot.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatRay View Post
    First, there are no Vista with SP2 included, so that is not an option.
    you're wrong, WildcatRay. there are Windows Vista DVDs that have SP2 included but they're only available to MSDN/Technet subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    The posts I've seen @ mydigital life claim to have SP2 integrated. HOWEVER, there is no telling the origin of the ISO file. Since the links from Microsoft's partner Digital River are no longer active it is a crapshoot.

Joe
    @Joe: The integrated Vista SP2 DVD ISO downloads are from MSDN/Technet so they are real. they were never made available on Digital River and were only made available to MS Technet subscribers.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I went back to my post #19 and I would still suggest including that as one of the options you want to consider
    I also went to mydigitalife forum and I agree with Joe in post #17
    Then I checked out np-7930's MSDN/Technet recommendation in post #18 and that looks like it's worth considering
    And I just went to the Windows Vista forum and searched for Vista ISO and many of the post look pretty good

You don't want to do a fresh install if you can avoid it but you will need to determine what makes sense to you
    --- Personaly I think the Microsoft link is the one to consider first and it's not because I'm the one who posted it; it just makes sense to consider an official Microsoft recommendation; at the same time the MSDN/Technet is also worth taking into consideration
    --- If what you try doesn't work at least you tried and a fresh install will become necessary; I don't recall whether or not you mentioned it but make sure you save the data you want to keep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12