Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Skype worked great until new owner start screwing… pardon me, improoooving it. Yes, you guessed it right Microsoft now owns Skype. Original Skype had very nice compact contact list with clear indicator who’s on line, it showed you are off line when you were OFF line, very few line drops. Now it is made to look like Windows 8. The contacts are in the form of big blocks of which only few fit my tablet screen totally wasting space. The ON-line contacts shown in a form of tiny dot force me to put glasses on to see it. Improved just like Win 8. And yes, my wife has to go to Settings/Applications/Skype/Forced Stop on her Android smart phone to shut the, crippled like Windows 8, Skype OFF . Only then it shows it is Off. By gosh, if anyone wants something demolished give it to MS and you can be sure it will be done. If app needs a fix to keep hackers away from your device give it to MS and the Armageddon will come quicker. Do not get me wrong. I use Windows and Office to comply with the rest of the suckered into oblivion world. But, I do not love it at all. Skype is ONLY on my tablet to accommodate my stubborn contacts. There is hope though. Most Windows 8 people from Big Honchos to designers are recently unemployed. A little light appeared in the long dark corridors in Redmond. Do not jump with joy my friends. You and I will have to pay for each line of application code separately. Well, nearly so. If you want use the Save command – pay, Insert – pay. Mailings – pay, etc. Maybe not so drastic but nearly so. Yes, Win 365 is appearing. I hope they’ll quit improoooving Skype. Otherwise, it will quit working and after many, many improooovements will be off our league.
    Last edited by Stano; 2014-03-16 at 23:26.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    rseiler thanks for the link.
    Last edited by Stano; 2014-03-16 at 23:31.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @Stano, thanks for the rant. Now I don't have to!
    Time to search and prepare to switch from Skype. Change change change. The only constant is change.
    Don't blame MS though. The always-log-on is started by Goo... you know who. MS simply copies and 'extends' the 'application'.
    BTW, Skype is free. Anything x zero = zero. Rant x zero = zero also.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank-you for the link above about the desktop Skype. I've had this problem for the last year & tried everything anyone suggested. I guess I can wait a bit longer, but it's good to know that they're working on it!
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR-Boost Software
    www.boostsoftware.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12