Thread: NoScript on FF

Thanks

NoScript on FF

I've just added NoScript to my Firefox browser. It's now going through the nause of allowing sites. Not too bad on e.g. bbc.co.uk, but many sites now have other external sites running scripts on their pages. So e.g. windowssecrets has google-analytics and facebook.com, are these OK to allow. It seems to have allowed inetinteractive and googleapis (at least, I don't remember allowing these). So what's the safest way of deciding which 'extras' are safe and which aren't? I'm talking all sites, not just windowssecrets here.

Thanks as always!

Oh, and I think I saw twitter as well

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi access-mdb,

These are the settings I use:-

RR.jpg

If I go to non bookmarked sites I tick as below:-

RR1.jpg
    Click image to enlarge it.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Thanks
    Thanks George, NoScript seems to have a lot more options than when I last used it some years ago! Unfortunately, I don't use a bookmark to open windowssecrets, but LastPass so the option on the second image (which I already have) doesn't seem to work. I'll just to have to work out what's good and what's not and allow them anyway manually. I'll have to look at what options are there!

Thanks
    If things go pear shaped you can use the reset button.

RR.jpg

Thanks
    Just a puzzle with NoScript. I use LastPass and it normally opened however I last closed it (e.g. I normally have the favourites folder open and all the others closed). But since I added NoScript, all the folders are open when I start the page. Why should this be?

Thanks
    I'm afraid I can't answer that re LastPass, I did try it, but if I had a choice, I would select toothache.
    -
    I use a Master Password in FF. If i'm checking my bank account (RBS) which is very secure, I use FF portable, it's more secure.
    -
    All my sign-in details and passwords are in Notepad in their own separate file, every one has the same short password when its zipped with 7Zip, then they are all put into a folder which is zipped with a stronger password. It is stored on both my computers & on two separate usb hdd's plus on OneDrive. I also put them onto a dvd rw disk.

RR.jpg

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I use LastPass and it normally opened however I last closed it (e.g. I normally have the favourites folder open and all the others closed). But since I added NoScript, all the folders are open when I start the page. Why should this be?
    I don't use LastPass, so take this with a grain of salt. I've noticed similar behavior on other sites, so my guess is LastPass may be using scripting to control which folders are open or closed. Use the "Temporarily allow" technique Roderunner illustrated in post #2, then reload the LastPass page. Does it then work as before? If so, the difference is scripting.