Thread: Info re posts.

Thanks

Info re posts.

Hi Chiefs,

If I start a new thread, I get the options (no prefix) & (SOLVED) as in my image below.

1.jpg

As yet, I have not found how to do this in threads I have started, by attempting to edit my first post (#1) or making a reply using the 'Go Advanced' button, I can't mark it as 'Solved'
    -
    If I use the 'Thread Tools' link and select 'Mark this thread as solved' as in my image, the thread gets marked as 'Closed Thread'

2.jpg

3.JPG

If I repeat using the Thread Tools, and select 'Mark this thread as unsolved' the thread is opened again.
    Last edited by Roderunner; 2014-03-06 at 09:10. Reason: More Data
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Marking a thread "Solved" closes the thread. That is just the way it works. It is intended to stop further posts especially by spammers who will try to post something to a very old thread.

Joe

Thanks
    Thanks Joe,
    It is intended to stop further posts especially by spammers who will try to post something to a very old thread
    Unfortunately it still happens as most members don't mark their threads solved.
    Are old threads closed by Mods or Admin after a certain time or is it done automatically.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Neither. Historically we've just left them open. The reason being that even after some time there could be another better contribution. Automatic closure has been discussed before and rejected for the prior statement. If posts by spammers on old threads become more than we are willing to try to manage then I suspect automatic closure will be revisited.

We added "Solved" as a result of Loungers requests. If a Lounger chooses not to use "Solved" that is OK.

Joe

Thanks
    OK thanks Joe.