Thanks

Another useful tool to ad to the kit (pun fully intended)

AdwCleaner Version:3.022 (latest version as of this posting)
    Adwarecleaner.jpg
    The applications scans many areas of the computer; services, folders, files, registry, and the 3 most common browsers.
    It requires a reboot to complete it's task and provides a report in notepad to the desktop upon restart.
    The application must also update itself by re-downloading newer versions. It's a portable application.
    It's compatible with all versions of Windows from XP on up.

The above is another light weight and highly useful anti-adware application by Xplode that I have found use with lately.
    I have spoken highly of this little French app previously, but considering how effective it is, I feel that it should get wider attention
    and should be considered part of one's tool-kit of useful lightweight non intrusive run on demand applications.

I've been downloading and testing certain software lately and, unfortunately, like many software applications downloaded nowadays, they
    are often paired with other applications. These other applications are not on the same level as viruses or malware, but certainly do represent
    a high pain-in-the-a** factor; Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and benign browser Hijackers.

The author's site is located here, it's in French, but the download is clearly marked;
    http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/...e/2-adwcleaner
    The application has also been hosted on BleepingComputer for some time as well, complete with download and usage instruction;
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

So take it for a spin and provide your own feedback.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2014-03-22),jwitalka (2014-03-22),Rick Corbett (2014-03-22)

Thanks
    I've used it as well Clint and found it a very useful adjunct to Malwarebytes.

Jerry