3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE11 (for Win7) no longer "remembers" my home page login

Not intending to blame her because I don't know what caused it, but my wife used my desktop for awhile this evening and ever since getting it back IE11 no longer remembers my personal "My MSN" page, and I am required to sign in each and every time. How do I reset IE11 to remember my log in for my IE11 home page? I hope I can reset it somehow, but nothing that I do seems to work. Please help. :-(

David E. Cann

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Check "Keep me signed in" as you sign in on the My MSN page (works for me).

Bruce

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

decann (2014-02-28)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Check "Keep me signed in" as you sign in on the My MSN page (works for me).

Bruce
    But it doesn't for me. :-( It did until last night, but that feature doesn't seem to work any more and I have to sign in manually with every single visit.

David E. Cann

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sounds like cookies are disappearing then. Are you married to a cookie monster?

"Delete browsing history on exit" isn't checked at bottom left of Internet Options, General tab?

Bruce

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

decann (2014-02-28)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    BruceR,

First of all, I must apologize for the long delay in responding, but here lately I have been in a world of ever-changing priorities. I used to think that when I retired I would finally have time for myself and not "work" any more, but at times I seem to have less time to myself now than when I still worked. :-(

Now then, with my thanks for trying to help me with this strange (to me at least) IE11 issue, let me tell you the problem disappeared just as mysteriously as it appeared. I'm a diehard old IE user for 14 or 15 years now, and am familiar with the settings that you suggested and I had already tried them all, so none of this made much sense to me. Then, as I sat here working on something I noted a Microsoft auto-update come in after already receiving the regular monthly ones a short time earlier, but I never paid much attention to it. . . . .until I realized my My MSN home page was working correctly once again. Now, with no clue what caused it in the first place, I have no clue what fixed it, but now I am guessing one of the February updates from Microsoft "broke" something and then the single update a week or so later fixed it again. That is a pure guess on my part, but it's all I have.

Thank you again for your help, but unless it sneaks back in again it is now a non-issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Sounds like cookies are disappearing then. Are you married to a cookie monster?

"Delete browsing history on exit" isn't checked at bottom left of Internet Options, General tab?

Bruce

David E. Cann

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    I had an email from MSN while using an earlier version of IE which said I would need to sign in each time with my password as an extra level of security and since then the remember me option no longer appears. Have I been misled?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    martingpeters0375,

As I noted previously, my issue was resolved some weeks ago. Thank you for the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by martingpeters0735 View Post
    Hi
    I had an email from MSN while using an earlier version of IE which said I would need to sign in each time with my password as an extra level of security and since then the remember me option no longer appears. Have I been misled?

David E. Cann