New Lounger
    Thanks

Access to Windows 7 desktop using XP's Remote Desktop Access

I currently use Remote Desktop Access on my XP netbook to access my Windows 7 desktop via wi-fi. With the ending of XP support next month, am I compromising my Windows 7 desktop security by continuing to access my desktop from my XP netbook in this way? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

crawphil

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think so as long as your wireless is secure but you might want to uncheck what you don't need or use in the Local devices and resources section of Remote Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    I don't think so as long as your wireless is secure but you might want to uncheck what you don't need or use in the Local devices and resources section of Remote Desktop.
    Very many thanks for your advice. I will do as you suggest.

crawphil