4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shut Down doesn't work

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A, running Windows 8.1. I am using Classic Shell. I think this problem started after running an update but I'm not sure, because I didn't notice it right away.

I don't Shut Down the computer every night but I started noticing that when I would, in the morning it would be back on. My wife and I share the computer, so I assumed she must have started it and I didn't ask her about it right away. After I finally did she said that she hadn't started it. So i shut it down and watched it and sure enough, after shutting down it started right back up again.

I tried it using the Shut Down in Classic Shell, using Shut Down from the Windows Start menu and even by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds or so. Every time, it restarts. And, it restarts right away, so I don't think it is come kind of task that is running in the background.

I Googled this but did not find a satisfactory solution. Does anyone have any idea what would be keeping this from Shutting Down? Thank you.

Thanks
    Check for a BIOS setting to automatically startup after a power loss.

Jerry

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Jerry. That worked. Took me a little while to figure out how to get into the BIOS. Once I did, there was a button to fix Restart problems. I pressed that and it fixed it.

Thanks
    Glad to hear you solved your problem.

Jerry