5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Too many printers

Sudo, here is a try at correcting my booboo. As you can see in these .jpg the active printers are shown, in the next .jpg, you will see what is shown when doing a Ctrl P.

Sudo-1.jpg

Then :

Sudo-2.jpg

These are the ones that I would like to remove, in the first .jpg, as they are not active. Am I tilling at windmills ? Jean.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    When you get the list of printers when you do a CTRL P, right click on the printer you want to remove and select delete.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, hello.

>>> right click on the printer you want to remove and select delete. <<<

Does not work ! Jean.

Thanks
    Works for me in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. What program are you using. I tested with IE.
    Ctrl P
    scroll to the desired printer
    Right Click on the printer
    Click on delete

Next Ctrl P, the printer is gone.

Jerry

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I wasn't subscribed to this thread as your original one was in the Win 7 section.

Did this tutorial not work https://www.sin.cvut.cz/?q=en/printer-remove8 ?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Jerry.
    >>> Right Click on the printer Click on delete <<<

I do not even get the "Delete" choice. A right click does not bring up anything.

>>> What program are you using. I tested with IE. <<<

I do not follow you here, I am in Word. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2014-03-11 at 09:16.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo, thanks for coming to the W-8 site.

>>> Did this tutorial not work https://www.sin.cvut.cz/?q=en/printer-remove8 ? <<<

I am still working on this. I have done a few "delete" and still have to check on the results. I will let you know. One thing bugs me, what is this "Series Class Driver" as opposed to the plain driver ? And the ones with PS would be Post Script ??? Thanks for helping me. Jean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Hello, Jerry.
    >>> Right Click on the printer Click on delete <<<

I do not even get the "Delete" choice. A right click does not bring up anything.

>>> What program are you using. I tested with IE. <<<

I do not follow you here, I am in Word. Jean.
    Ah, I see. It doesn't work for me in Word either. If Sudo's suggestion doesn't work, Try opening IE. Then do a Ctrl P, left click on the printer you you want to delete, right click and then delete. Restart or Open Word and the printer should be gone. Convoluted, but it should work.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Sudo, thanks for coming to the W-8 site.

>>> Did this tutorial not work https://www.sin.cvut.cz/?q=en/printer-remove8 ? <<<

I am still working on this. I have done a few "delete" and still have to check on the results. I will let you know. One thing bugs me, what is this "Series Class Driver" as opposed to the plain driver ? And the ones with PS would be Post Script ??? Thanks for helping me. Jean.
    Jean:

"Series Class Driver" sounds like a driver which can be used for several similar printers, rather than for one specific printer. If I'm right, then you can treat it like it's just a basic printer driver.

PS is certainly for Post Script. By the way, if you see PCL, that means "Printer Control Language", and it is for HP and compatible printers which use the PCL standard. There is PCL3, PCL4, PCL5, etc.

To remove a printer, go to Devices and Printers (in Windows 7), and remove it there. Or, look in the Start Menu -- there may be an uninstall shortcut included for the printer in the menu. Or, look in Control Panel / Programs and Features. You may be able to uninstall it there.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    @ Jerry - the route to Devices and Printers is different in Win 8 - see link in Post #7.

@ Jean - The Series Class Driver could be for your HP Deskjet as I've seen someone having problems reinstalling one for a 3520 on Google.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, hello.
    Very strange indeed. that procedure in IE worked and the super flus printer is indeed gone. Please do not ask me why. But thanks to all.

I might be absent here for a while, I am fighting Google+. It was forced on me and I do not want it at all, it prevented me to use another user's name.

Have a great day. Jean.

Thanks
    Glad to hear it worked. Good luck with your Google+ adventure.

Jerry