Banned Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Yes, the instructions DO exist!

I get really frustrated w/ people saying or thinking there is nothing in Windows 8.1, from Microsoft, telling them, educating them or guiding them w/ enlightenment or instructions on How To use the OS. There is!! Yes, there is!

There problem isn't that it doesn't exist but, rather that people don't look @ it.

In (ALL) Applications, on that screen or even on Start there is an icon or Tile w/ a Question Mark (?) on it and the words Help & Tips. Go find it & take a gander... It looks like this...

Screenshot (10).JPG

Oh and BTW, the scroll wheel on a mouse will scroll (Metro) screens horizontally. Up to go Right & Down to go Left.

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.jpg

Thanks
    Oh come on Drew, you know that nobody ever looks at help
    And doesn't everyone know about the wheel action? I found out about it within 5 minutes of running W8. And right click for context menus, they've both been around for years!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Actually, no... I have discover countless people who do not (already) know the scroll wheel will move certain screens laterally. Most have not discovered it for themselves because it never occurred to them to try it... they only thought it (the wheel) would work for vertical movement.

Even to the point that some of the info & tips I know (which you & others may, also) I have been asked by MS to share them w/ people. One even MS didn't know it... they didn't think it possible & I had to show them it was.

Some are not as computer savvy as others & some do not think to poke around, explore & discover or just try things.

And, no, people don't think of or look @ HELP. Which is why I mention it, in the hopes that they might start.

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.jpg

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Oh and BTW, the scroll wheel on a mouse will scroll (Metro) screens horizontally. Up to go Right & Down to go Left.
    In the interests of Help and Tips .......... that's backwards.

(Spoken like a Windows 8.1 user who never leaves the desktop )

Bruce

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    In the interests of Help and Tips .......... that's backwards.

(Spoken like a Windows 8.1 user who never leaves the desktop )

Bruce
    W/out being nasty.... actually, it's not backwards. Might depend on how one expresses it. If the wheel is rolled downwards the info shown on the screen moves to the left and vice versa. The scroll bar @ the bottom of a screen, ie Applications screen, does move to the right but, the items displayed on the screen move to the left as the wheel is rolled towards the End User or Down. The directions mentioned referred to the material on the screen not, the scroll bar @ the bottom.

I trust this clarifies the matter. Even though time is spent on Desktop, as an IT Pro I am required to know how all aspects of the OS work.

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.jpg