Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Too much to print

The attached is an example of what I have been getting whenever I try to print from a website. Anyone know what all this is, and how I can permentantly get rid of it? I have three computers that print off my one printer, the two laptops (windows 7, IE 8, and windows 8, IE 10), which are wireless, have no problems. This is from the desktop (windows 7, IE 9), which is not wireless, has a USB cable. The printer is HP Deskjet 3056A (a wireless), Desktop is HP Pavilion p7-1111. This has been going on for about a month now. Doesn't seem like its a printer issue, since its fine with the other computers. Any ideas? Thanks!Scan0002 (745x1024).jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm unable to make out what it is doing from that attachment even when expanded - did you save it as a .jpg ?

As it doesn't happen on the other computers, then I would have thought that this is a computer issue rather than the printer.

When printing a web page, do you right click and select Select all then right click and select Print preview to view As laid out on the screen or As selected on the screen or just go straight for the Print option ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response. I usually just click on file, then print preview to see what it looks like, then I pick the pages I need and leave the rest. The mess is only on the first page, no matter how many pages there are. I attached another photo, hope it helps! Scan0002.jpg

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,071 Posts
    For some reason, IE 9 is printing javascript code. Does that happen with all pages you try?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as I can tell, it happens on all the first pages (if there are multiple pages) of what ever I try. Since you mentioned Java, I checked, and I have the latest version 51 installed. Maybe thats when it started...

Thanks
    I wonder if the problem would continue if you disabled Java in your browser.

To do this, go to Control Panel / Java. The option is on the Security tab.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

Sedona05 (2014-03-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    This is not about Java, it's about Javascript, a totally different language, supported by all browsers, to programatically control the browser behavior. It's weird that it happens in all sites.

Maybe trying to reset IE to default settings will help.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It may be my specs, but that looked machine code ?

Came across this MS article which may help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Administrator
    Thanks
    It's definitely javascript.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the info. I tried disabling Java in my browser, it didn't change anything. So I reset my browser to default settings, which allowed me to notice it was already set at default settings. That didn't help. I went through the suggestions in the MS article, nothing changed. I DID notice that when I'm printing out assignments in an online college course, I have the options when printing of "as laid out on screen, only the selected frame, and all frames individually". With this, I do not have all that stuff, it works normally. On the websites, my option is only "shrink to fit, custom, or percentages." Don't know why, or if this means anything. Thanks again for any more info...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    To get those options you need to right click on the web page, select Select all then right click again and select Print preview - are they still absent when you do it that way ?

The online college course will have those options built in.

Do you get the same printer output problems when using another browser to access those web sites ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I checked using this page, I only get two options when I right click here, Select All, then select Print preview- I get "As laid out on screen, and As selected on screen". The problem is still there with both options. Although I have never cared much for Google chrome, I just installed it to check it out. The problem was not there, so I guess its an Internet Explorer issue. Now if I can just find out how to FIX it... Thanks again for the ideas!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Two suggestions - reset IE to defaults as already advised and open a command prompt as an administrator and enter the command sfc /scannow if the first suggestion doesn't work, but for Win 7, you should be using at least IE 10 for security reasons.

When you reset it earlier, did you check all of the boxes ?

The As laid out etc. are the only two options you would normally get with IE after right clicking etc. on a standard web page.

One other suggestion (afterthought), have you tried running IE as an administrator ?
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-03-14 at 09:21.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have reset IE to defaults again, making sure all the boxes were checked (Internet-medium high; local intranet-medium low; trusted sites-medium; restricted sites-high). This was done after I had upgraded IE to IE10. I have run sfc /scannow, after verifying to 100%, it turned off. I went into IE properties, to compatibility,(where "Run this program as an Administrator" box is located) and it says "Compatibility modes cannot be set on this program because it is part of this version of Windows". Everything listed is greyed out. I noticed when I made a bank payment online, when I printed out the receipt, the problem was not there. Otherwise, its still there. Thanks again for any assistance!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    To run IE as an admin, you need to right click on it in All Programs.

Banking sites normally have their own print menu/settings so when you used the Print option, everything would be auto without having to select pages etc. as far as I remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast