2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Email not configured

I'm not sure if this post should be here or in IE. When I'm on a web page, or even sometimes in an open email and click on an email link to send a message, it does not direct me to my default email client (Incredimail), which is set up at the default. I get a message box from Windows IE that says "the default email client isn't properly installed". When I click "OK" to close the messsage, it opens the message again, and this goes on over and over until I have to restart my computer. I use Incredimail at home and I don't have this issue there. I have not set up any IE email program at work or at home.

Administrator
    Thanks
    What version of Windows and what version of IE?

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Win 7; IE 11

Administrator
    Thanks
    Double check How do I configure IncrediMail as the default email client? to ensure it is set as the default client.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Incredimail has always been the default mail client and I don't have Outlook Express installed.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not clear , what you are telling ; however this happened to me more or less; being told that Incredimail is not properly installed can imply one or two different ways of solving ; one is to check your defaults programs IN WINDOWS ;you must know how to check that from WINDOWS , not from Incredimail ; this is one way ; if this does not work my best bet would be a complete and clean REISNTALLATION of Incredimail, not a mere repair; the problem doing that is that your account is thereby immediately reset and you are going to receive a Niagara of old messages if your server is not cleaned prior to the reinstall ; that inconvenience apart I have no alternative way to solve your problem ; when that happened to me its is how I solve that OLIVIER GEBUHRER

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How do I check my dafaults programs in Windows?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Click on the button "start " on the RIGHT PANE you should see an item "Windows Default programs " ; something of that kind; my Install language is French so I am not quite sure ; otherwise in "configuration panel" you will find exactly the corresponding Program ; it is a special BUTTON ; not to be found in the List of installed programs ; if you need more explanation please tell ; when you click on the button you will get a window with the LIST of actual default programs ; check Incredimail settings there ; if the program does NOT appear , you will have to reinstall it CLEANLY ( for example using Revo uninstaller Free version ) or cc Cleaner OLIVIER GEBUHRER