2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Email not configured

I'm not sure if this post should be here or in IE. When I'm on a web page, or even sometimes in an open email and click on an email link to send a message, it does not direct me to my default email client (Incredimail), which is set up at the default. I get a message box from Windows IE that says "the default email client isn't properly installed". When I click "OK" to close the messsage, it opens the message again, and this goes on over and over until I have to restart my computer. I use Incredimail at home and I don't have this issue there. I have not set up any IE email program at work or at home.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    What version of Windows and what version of IE?

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Win 7; IE 11

Administrator
    Thanks
    Double check How do I configure IncrediMail as the default email client? to ensure it is set as the default client.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Incredimail has always been the default mail client and I don't have Outlook Express installed.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not clear , what you are telling ; however this happened to me more or less; being told that Incredimail is not properly installed can imply one or two different ways of solving ; one is to check your defaults programs IN WINDOWS ;you must know how to check that from WINDOWS , not from Incredimail ; this is one way ; if this does not work my best bet would be a complete and clean REISNTALLATION of Incredimail, not a mere repair; the problem doing that is that your account is thereby immediately reset and you are going to receive a Niagara of old messages if your server is not cleaned prior to the reinstall ; that inconvenience apart I have no alternative way to solve your problem ; when that happened to me its is how I solve that OLIVIER GEBUHRER

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How do I check my dafaults programs in Windows?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Click on the button "start " on the RIGHT PANE you should see an item "Windows Default programs " ; something of that kind; my Install language is French so I am not quite sure ; otherwise in "configuration panel" you will find exactly the corresponding Program ; it is a special BUTTON ; not to be found in the List of installed programs ; if you need more explanation please tell ; when you click on the button you will get a window with the LIST of actual default programs ; check Incredimail settings there ; if the program does NOT appear , you will have to reinstall it CLEANLY ( for example using Revo uninstaller Free version ) or cc Cleaner OLIVIER GEBUHRER