Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Sudo
    Not sure if you get my problem now. Im not getting any alerts. Ive figured out that while the computer is starting up it is having trouble loading the driver for my wifi pci card or something along those lines.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    If the computer was booting fine with that NIC prior to the WUs but not after those two updates were installed, run Disk Cleanup as an administrator to see if it cleans out any obsolete Windows Updates, should anything in those be causing it to drag its feet with the superseded updates.

You probably know how to do that, but go Start - type disk cleanup then right click on Disk Cleanup and select Run as administrator then follow the prompts.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately that didnt help. Do you know of a way to see what is happening when windows starts up? Id like to get an idea of what it is doing when its initiating the wifi driver, maybe then I can work towards correcting it.

The thing is, once I figured out it was the wlan card, I realized it must not be due to the updates. Its actually just the driver for the NIC

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    You could use Boot log in msconfig which will show the loading process http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tr-...p-of-msconfig/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12