New Lounger
    Thanks

Trying to reboot

So I played around with activation of partitions earlier and now I can no longer find bootmgr.exe. I've tried using a usb from easeus/ubinboot but when i boot it up it goes into an infinite loop of trying to automatic boot. Should I just re-install my OS? and if I do that does it lose my back-ups as well?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You'll need to stop the auto reboot http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstr...ic-restart.htm and then repair the MBR if that is the error message you get http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair...rd-mbr-windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The boot is from ubinboot that goes into infinite loop rather than the mbr i think. But should I still try this? I can't even get on my computer. Stuck at black screen all day

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Without any boot disks in, try tapping F8 as you switch on to see if you can get in that way.

In there is the option to disable the failure auto restart and rebooting normally after that may produce a blue screen and/or an error code.

I'm not sure if the Last Known Good Configuration option will resolve the boot problem, but selecting Repair your Computer will take you to the Recovery Environment with other options, of which one is Startup Repair.

If it reports that it is unable to auto repair then reboot to go back into the Recovery Environment and run it again another twice.

If that still fails, then you can select the Command Prompt from there and run the MBR repair commands.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-03-14 at 06:16.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    So I resorted to uninstalling and reinstalling OS. Only problem is now I don't have a network adapter. Though I do have an ethernet cable that is plugged into my modem and has internet but since my computer no longer has an network adapter I can't connect to the internet. There are other drives that weren't installed at all either, what causes this problem? I tried to scan for hardware changes and reinstall but none of them get through.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I take it you didn't try my last suggestion ?

Did you reinstall with an ISO - which don't include any drivers, you should back these up first from Windows/System32 onto something like a flash drive.

msinfo32 may have them listed as components but not installed.

Go Start - type msinfo32 - press Enter then when it has refreshed, expand Components/Network/Adapter and scroll down through the list.

If this is an OEM machine then you could go to the vendor support site and download/save those drivers and copy across the .zips to say the Downloads folder and extract them to the Setup.exe.

If it's a home build, then go to the motherboard support site and do the same.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

kawikaha (2014-03-14)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just had to redownload a network adapter from the motherboard like you suggested got my computer back and running. Thanks again.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad that helped.