Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toextra View Post
    Mel:

I don't have the verify option under the "advanced options" link when free version MR is started within Windows. However, I almost always create images by starting the computer from the boot disk. I wonder if Bob Primak has a different version than I have? Mine is version 5.2, 64-bit, build 6465.

HTH,
    Tom
    Standard free Macrium Reflect 5. You have to go to the Restore Tab after creating the archive to Verify it. It is not automatic verification. That's not available in the free edition.
    -- Bob Primak --

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have Seagate or Western Digital hard drives, you can install their free private label versions of Acronis True Image. These are not as sophisticated as Acronis True Image, but verification is one of the steps available during the process of starting a backup image. The image and verification are done seamlessly in one pass. No need to do a separate second step after the image creation.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/discwizard/

http://support.wdc.com/product/downl...19&wdc_lang=en
    Last edited by cloudsandskye; 2014-04-10 at 00:31.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hopefully without sounding to dumb here is my question.
    So after creating an image file to an external drive and you then later try to find it what would it look like?
    I can not find it now searching for it.Do I have to use the software to find it?
    mosie/maureen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mosie View Post
    Hopefully without sounding to dumb here is my question.
    So after creating an image file to an external drive and you then later try to find it what would it look like?
    I can not find it now searching for it.Do I have to use the software to find it?
    mosie/maureen
    Not a dumb question at all. Macrium Reflect makes archives which have a special extension, It's .mrimg. Windows can see and copy these archives just like any other files. Inside the program or from its rescue disks, these are the only archives Macrium Reflect will display, and it will display all available archives on the partition selected as the source for a restoration. Also, these are probably among the biggest files on the drive, unless you have big media files also. (You should keep backup archives on a separate, dedicated drive.)
    -- Bob Primak --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12