Thanks

Can single Access front end connect to two SharePoint back ends?

Is it possible to have a single Access 2010 based front end application connecting to two different SharePoint sub sites?

If it is, how can I accomplish this?

24000 people need access to an "open section" of the app while 10 people need access to the confidential section of the app and I was wondering if i could host the tables for the open section on one site with an access front end and the confidential data on another site with the appropriate permissions and provide the 10 users with a front end accessing both sites.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As best I can tell after doing some limited research, it should be possible to do what you are suggesting. It is possible to initiate a connection to a SharePoint list using VBA, so you should be able to specify a different set of credentials for the confidential data. Take a look at How to use SharePoint lists with Microsoft Access in Depth, and other results when you do a web search for "how does access connect to sharepoint lists" and I found several instances where connections were being created using VBA. There is also a recent book on the subject of MS Access and SharePoint that sounds like a good resource.
    Wendell

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WendellB For This Useful Post:

Ensemble (2014-03-28)

Thanks
    Thank you for pointing me in a direction, I will investigate further.