New Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrade to Vista Saves all Folders from XP, is that CORRECT?

If I upgrade to Visa from XP, I understand that all the Files and folders will be preserved. Is that correct? I know that is NOT the case if you upgrade to Win 7 from XP but they are when you upgrade from XP to Visa is that correct?

I want to verify that all my programs will still be able to be accessed after the upgrade without having to reinstall all the programs?

I understand that "programs" will not be saved. All my programs are installed on a different hard drive (none are on C drive) I just want to know if the various files stored in C that allows access to the programs on the other hard drives will be preserved and I will be able to access the various programs once I upgrade to Visa without reinstalling the programs?

Thanks for your reply's

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    An upgrade from XP to the appropriate Vista version should allow you to maintain anything that can be maintained. This may not work if you have somehow broken free from the regular XP structure, but I can't be definitive on that, also because it is not clear to me how you have changed XP's structure.

Probably you can still find info on the internet on the upgrade path you can take. I would suggest creating an image of your system before upgrading, so that you can go back to what you have in case of trouble.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks,

First I have not changed the XP's "structure" read the post carefully.

Right, I know the upgrade will "maintain anything that can be maintained" the question remains will it maintain all the Files and Folders that will enable me to still access all my installed programs? Again, the actual programs are installed on another (not the C drive).

Having researched on the internet for this question it would seem that maybe it does, but the answers are not clear.

Anyone with actual experience with this upgrade (or) who knows for a fact will this work?