Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Need themes from Excel 2010 for your Excel 2013?

I am taking a computer class in college that has a book that's a new edition printed in 2013, and is based on Office 2010. I have Office 2013, however. My professor say's its okay if we use an older or newer version, but if something is different because of it we will lose points. I recently did an assignment where I needed to apply a theme to my spreadsheet. The theme was called "composite." I searched and searched and searched trying to find a way to download the composite theme or the font, color scheme, and effects being used in the color scheme. I couldn't find anything anywhere. I found a lot of people asking about the composite theme and what it consisted of. There was a lot of people that answered but there response was to find a computer with Office 2010 on it and transfer the files to the 2013 version. That's not that easy...most people (I assume) when they upgrade to the 2013 version they no longer have the 2010 version. After posting in the Microsoft community, there were a few nice people that really helped me. Today I found someone that had the 2010 version and was able to get all of the themes from there and transferred them onto my computer. Thank goodness!! I mean..yes I finally got help from some nice people regarding the composite theme. But I still have to finish this class...I am sure there are going to be other times I need something that the 2013 version doesn't have. You would think that when you upgrade to a newer version it would have the same, if not more, themes. But there's actually A LOT less themes available. After having the issue with the theme I even had an issue with the chart styles. I was supposed to apply chart style 26 to my chart, but Excel 2013 only had 14 styles!!! Once I looked at the 2010 version, I couldn't believe how many more chart styles it offered!! Why would they take off so many themes and so many chart styles??
    If anyone else runs into the issue regarding the themes, I now have them. So if you contact me I would be more than happy to send you whatever theme you need. I wouldn't want anyone else pulling their hair out trying to figure out what a theme consisted of like I was!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K_522 For This Useful Post:

doverd (2014-05-19),littlemisspom (2014-08-15),newbee2 (2014-04-09)

Thanks
    For less than $100, why not just purchase Home and Student 2010? It can co-exist with 2013 and sounds like the time and aggravation you spent cost a whole lot more...let alone the points you may loose if an inconspicuous, yet important, variation between versions is displayed.

Maud

P.S. Welcome to the Lounge

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Because I just purchased Office 2013. I do not want to spend any money, even if its less than $100 for something older that I am never going to use after I am finished with this class. The class lasts 4 months. I saw a lot of people posting asking about different themes and what they consisted of ...people who have Office 2013 but needed a theme from Office 2010. None of them wanted to buy it either. I actually thought about purchasing it just to get it over with and make it easier but its such a waste of money. If it was like $10 or $20 okay, but its not. I am a single mother and a student the last thing I have money for is to buy an older version of something I already have. My teacher is trying to find a solution to those of her students that have Office 2013 so we don't lose points. The class is already half over though so she better get on it!! When we were working on Word, Word 2013 offered a Word 2010 template. So it had all the formatting set-up as Word 2010 and that was the only real issue I had when working on Word. Now we are in Excel and we will finish with Powerpoint. I know all these really well, but its a requirement for my degree to take the class.

P.s. Thanks!

Thanks
    Glad to hear your instructor is willing to work with you a bit. Good luck with you class.

Maud

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having the same problem in my computer class and yes, I am pulling my hair out. I would appreciate any help you could give since I can't afford to buy outdated software for one class.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Will def take you up on the assistance - I'm in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by K_522 View Post
    I am taking a computer class in college that has a book that's a new edition printed in 2013, and is based on Office 2010. I have Office 2013, however. My professor say's its okay if we use an older or newer version, but if something is different because of it we will lose points. I recently did an assignment where I needed to apply a theme to my spreadsheet. The theme was called "composite." I searched and searched and searched trying to find a way to download the composite theme or the font, color scheme, and effects being used in the color scheme. I couldn't find anything anywhere. I found a lot of people asking about the composite theme and what it consisted of. There was a lot of people that answered but there response was to find a computer with Office 2010 on it and transfer the files to the 2013 version. That's not that easy...most people (I assume) when they upgrade to the 2013 version they no longer have the 2010 version. After posting in the Microsoft community, there were a few nice people that really helped me. Today I found someone that had the 2010 version and was able to get all of the themes from there and transferred them onto my computer. Thank goodness!! I mean..yes I finally got help from some nice people regarding the composite theme. But I still have to finish this class...I am sure there are going to be other times I need something that the 2013 version doesn't have. You would think that when you upgrade to a newer version it would have the same, if not more, themes. But there's actually A LOT less themes available. After having the issue with the theme I even had an issue with the chart styles. I was supposed to apply chart style 26 to my chart, but Excel 2013 only had 14 styles!!! Once I looked at the 2010 version, I couldn't believe how many more chart styles it offered!! Why would they take off so many themes and so many chart styles??
    If anyone else runs into the issue regarding the themes, I now have them. So if you contact me I would be more than happy to send you whatever theme you need. I wouldn't want anyone else pulling their hair out trying to figure out what a theme consisted of like I was!!
    I am just starting my course today. I thought I could do better than the $182 for the course texts/access code/ 6 mo 2010 license. Unfortunately, I ended up spending about the same amount in the long run. However, I just purchased the 4yr subscription to Office 365 University (there are others in my family that will be needing it throughout that timeframe) which was worth the cost to me ($75). THEN, I happened to think of the compatibility issues/differences between 2010 & 2013. I would appreciate being able to contact you should I run into the same issues you faced. Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am in the same situation right now. I would greatly appreciate if you could give me the 2010 info you have.

Thanks
    Seems that if you know someone with Office 2010, you could open it on their computer, set up the themes, then save it to a USB drive or upload to you college server or wherever you need to send it. Once the themes are set up, do not re-open in 2013 or your themes can be converted back.

HTH,
    Maud

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maudibe For This Useful Post:

littlemisspom (2014-08-15)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi K_522

I'm in exactly this situation right now. My assignment is now overdue because I've been trying to replicate / download / source the theme I need for a powerpoint presentation that simply doesn't exist in the 2013 version. If I don't follow the instructions with regards to the theme / format that I need then I too will lose points and grades. Please, please can you help?

Little Miss Pom!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You should talk to your instructor and ask to them to allow you to substitute 2013 themes for 2010 ones.

Failing that, you can copy over the themes if you have access to a machine running 2010. They are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Document Themes 14
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks
    little miss,

Which theme do you need?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there anyway you could send me the themes, thanks my email is cmencer1@gmail.com

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I need Solstice theme, please...

Thanks
    I sent it to your email with the subject as Excel Themes.

HTH,
    Maud

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Needing 2013 themes

Quote Originally Posted by Maudibe View Post
    I sent it to your email with the subject as Excel Themes.

HTH,
    Maud

Hi! I am having the same problem, but on opposite ends. I have Excel 2010 but I need a 2013 theme. Is it possible to put a 2013 theme on 2010? If so could someone PLEASE send me the ION theme?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast