Thanks

Question Website Hosting Providers?

Hello,
    I have been with 1&1 for far too long and my website that was developed back in the haydays of HTML4 has gotten quite boring and an eyesore.
    The problem is that I truly don't want to 'have to learn' the full intricacies of HTML5 and CSS and frames and all, to create a refreshing make-over.
    I get tempted at times to redo my site and start playing around with some templates but I am not proficient enough (or have the time to learn and become good) in HTML5 nor do I have the time to start from scratch to rebuild a worthy site. So, I give up and move on to other more pressing matters in life!
    In addition, the tools that are provided by 1&1 are as antiquated as the DreamWeaver version that I had originally used to create my website.

Lately, I have been quite intrigued by SquareSpace hosting service.
    Their pricing also seems to be quite reasonable for personal websites (non-commerce) with all the right features and up-to-date plug-ins.
    I just wanted to find out from other folks here whether anyone has experience with SquareSpace or if anyone can recommend even a better service for web hosting with all of the necessary tools at a reasonable price.
    I know that I don't have enough pull with the WindowsSecrets folks to convince them to cover this topic in the newsletter.
    And I really don't expect a barrage of recommendations, if any at all!
    Thank you for reading!

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    A friend of mine that knew absolutely nothing about HTML set up a site with Go Daddy and used their site builder to do it. When she ran into issues or problems they had a toll free number to call and she said they were more than helpful in answering her questions. I think she is paying $1 a month but it does have limited bandwidth, but don't remember right off what it was. Now granted the site builder is not top notch or anything, but I was very impressed with what she was able to do with it.

I am in the same boat as you with HTML but I have always coded by hand. I was beginning to think I was the only one in this boat. I miss the site builder that Geocities had back in the day (am I dating myself?) and I miss Dr. Burns who started HTMLGoodies!

Pam