2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2007/Win 8.1 Very slow control properties display

Is anyone having a problem with displaying and moving through the properties of a field, control etc. I am running Office 2007 on a Win 8.1 with a fast computer, lots of RAM etc. When I click on the properties of a control in a form or report, or try to look at the properties of a field in table design view the display is very slow. To the point that if I move from one property to another (i.e. move down the list using the mouse or arrow keys) it repaints the property window every time. It appears to be smooth scrolling the display rather than just appearing as it did in previous versions.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    That's not a problem I've seen, but I've only run Access 2013 on Win8.1. Were you running 2007 previously on Win 7 or Win 8 and then upgraded? Or is this effectively a new PC? In Win 7 there were some graphics enhancements that made windows repaint that way under some conditions, but my understanding is that both 8 and 8.1 eliminated that feature. Also, are you running dual monitors with the desktop always on the second monitor, or do you just have one monitor?
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell

Thanks for your reply. I had done some other research on the web and tried a few things that did not seem to do anything - hence the post. However I had not rebooted. The overnight reboot seems to have solved the problem. The issue, I think, was that the database allowed DDE operations; but I am not sure. If I find any other databases with the same problem I will try and me more definite and post another reply.

Peter