3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How much longer can I buy Windows 7 OS discs

I'm going to be helping some of my friends update their XP's to Windows 7 and I found information that Oct 31, 2014 is the End of sales for PCs with Windows preinstalled
    --- Does that also mean I won't be able to buy the Windows 7 OS discs on TigerDirect (that's where I'm getting them now)

Then I saw somewhere that Win7 Pro isn't determined yet
    --- So I'm hoping that means I'll be able to but at least that version if the need shows up

Thanks
    Does that also mean I won't be able to buy the Windows 7 OS discs on TigerDirect (that's where I'm getting them now)
    I highly doubt it. I suspect that you'll be able to get many flavors of Windows 7 from places like Tiger Direct for quite some time to come.
    ebay and Craig's list are places where you can still get Windows XP.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Thanks
    Be very careful where you shop. Check out the vendor with the local BBB. It is easy to find complaints that folks are reselling software with keys that have been already used.

baumgrenze
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.