New Lounger
    Thanks

Powertoy help please..

I have been able to use the html slide show generator to make a cool slide show. But how do I get the slide show generator to work so I can burn the show onto a CD and enable Autoplay? I thought that is what one of the powertoys did, but I can not figure it out and it is killing me!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powertoy help please..

To enable AutoPlay on any CD, you must put AUTORUN.INF file in CD root.
    This file must content text like this:

[autorun]
    OPEN=slideshow.htm

I'm not sure the show will run on any (non-WinXP) computer, in that case I would recommend create slide show as PowerPoint presentation, and burn it on CD with PowerPoint viewer, modifying OPEN= command respectively.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powertoy help please..

Actually here was the problem....

I just did a clean install with the XP upgrade Dell had sent me. Dell also included the new Roxio drivers on a seperate disc that I also installed. This basically installed the familiar interface of the full version with Roxio with some features disabled.

When I opened up a folder in "my pictures" and then clicked on "copy to CD" a right click context menu would pop up in the upper right hand corner of my screen. "copy, paste" "create shortcut". Of course when I clicked on that nothing happned excet the menu would disapear.

I would never get an indication from XP that I have files waiting to be copied. In other words using Roxio was the only way I could burn a CD. Not tooo bad, except I wanted to use the powertoy that enables to make a CD that would autoplay in anyones computer.

I finally figured out that Roxio was the problem to this whole mess, and I deleted it. Now everything works like I expected it would.