Lounger
    Thanks

About password crackers for Win 8.1

I was just wondering if previous password crackers that worked for Win Xp,Vista, and 7 would work on Win 8.1

I read a post on here and he said he couldn't get them to work.

Thanks
    If you are referring to the removing of the password for the Administrator or other user (which isn't "password cracking"), then Offline Windows NT Password & Registry Editor works on Windows 8.1.

If you are really talking about password cracking, you're on the wrong website...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BATcher For This Useful Post:

satrow (2014-03-21)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There were (are?) three reasons why XP passwords were easy to crack.

1) a cracker program knew where to go to get the user names and encrypted passwords for an XP system.

2. not all, but most XP passwords were letters only, and a lot of the letters only passwords were lower case only. And most of the passwords that had an upper case letter had it as the first character.

3. Most passwords were 5 or 6 characters, and few were more than 8.

After that it was usually less than half an hours work to grind it out. Newer Microsoft operating systems make it harder to find the user names and encrypted passwords; encourage the user to use lower case, upper case, numbers and special characters; and encourage longer passwords. So where it would take a few minutes to crack a simple password, just by making it more complex and longer, you can easily construct a password that takes days, weeks, or months to crack.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I was just talking about resetting admin passwords if forgotten by user. Cracking was the wrong word to use. Not talking about anything illegal. Was referring to programs like Hiren's Boot Cd, Ophcrack live cd, and Ultimate Boot cd oh and Offline Windows NT Password & Registry Editor.
    BATcher answered my question.
    Thank you