Thanks

Excel on mobile phone

I have been having this issue for a couple years now, and quite frankly fed up. I am using a Windows 8 Lumina Icon on Verizon. This issue however seems to have nothing to do with the phone (s) and or Verizon. As near as I can tell it appears to be an issue with ?????????

Ok the issue
    When out and about, say grocery shopping or whatever, I am not been able to open Excel from SkyDrive, and now OneDrive, whilst connected to a stores WiFi. I can however open the app from OneDrive while on my home WiFi. In order to use Excel while out, I either have to open it prior to leaving, or turn my WiFi completely off it has already connected, or if it hasn't connected, don't connect and use my providers 4G service.

Any Ideas?

John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It could be limitations/restrictions in place on those Wi-Fi access points. Have you asked those places about it?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Do you get an error message?

Have you talked to Verizon? Are you near a Microsoft store?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The store may be using a safe browsing service, such as WebSense to block access to various websites. I know one company specifically blocks cloud storage as it is seen as a potential risk.