Star Lounger
    Thanks

Browser decisions

Hello everyone:

Currently I am computing in MS/Vista and using Safari as my browser. I am well satisfied with Safari, but I keep getting messages that support for Safari is being discontinued.

What other low overhead and super fast browsers besides IE and Firefox would you recommend ??

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Try Chrome or Opera.

Joe

Thanks
    Pale Moon, x86, x64 and Atom-optimized versions are available. Based on Firefox's Extended Service Release (Corporate version): http://www.palemoon.org/

Thanks
    I used Firefox, Palemoon and Waterfox for many years until the resource hog got to be too much for me. Now, very, very happy with Chrome and I can customise it just the way I did with FF.

Thanks
    I used Chrome for several years and in the past year I stopped using Chrome (still have an older version on my computer to use when I need too). I got sick and tired of Google breaking stuff in the browser and it taking them months to get those fixes put back in another release. I have a stack of print outs under my keyboard for things that I had to change whenever a new version of Chrome came out... that is if those "fixes" still worked. Some of them did not and someone would have to figure out another way around to fix the problems. I just got fed up and went back to Firefox, which I had not used in years and so far I have been very happy with my change.

Some people love Comodo Dragon and claim it is faster than Chrome, but when I tried it, I did not find it to be any different than Chrome on my machine. So your experience may vary.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I advice you Opera, another good browser (lighter but with some ads) is slimbrowser

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You may want to have a look at Sleipnir (never heard of it either ) which is the last one in http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...eb-browser.htm