New Lounger
    Thanks

Directory Mail Merge PROBLEMS again. HELP

Hi, I once again need help with mail merge directory.
    "multiple rows into one" more specifically, multiple fields from one record into same page.

("KEY" / Merge Sequence Codes are hard for me to understand) / and calculations
    I also tried to set up calculation so that there is a total to the line of price and count.

I am trying to create an order form from data collected and transferred into excel

Along with other fields,
    Each FORM CONTAINS:
    SAME: NAME, PLACE, ADDRESS, PHONE, EMAIL, AND ETID
    DIFFERENT: ORDER NUMBER, QUANTITY, TITLE, AND PRICE

Each page should contain (in a table I created)
    1: NAME, PLACE, ADDRESS, PHONE, EMAIL, AND ETID
    between 1 and 5(ROWS) THAT EACH CONTAIN
    1: STOCK NUMBER, TITLE, QTY

I tried to set up additional table row to calculate total cost for order and total quantity ordered.

The merge doesn't calculate and the pages don't happen the way they are supposed to.

Obviously problem is in my merge coding. Can someone take a look and offer solution?

I have spent two work days on this and am beyond frustrated.
    Thanks in advance.

Anyone offering any working help is so appreciated!Test Merge.docxTest Log HMG.xlsmORDER_FORM_.docm
    Last edited by danelle; 2014-03-28 at 07:10. Reason: rewrote clearer and added more info

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Danelle,

As per your other thread (http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...ble-Directory?), your mailmerge main document isn't configured anything like what the tutorial shows you need or as per the highly re-worked document I gave you last time. You need to go back to the tutorial and work through the 'Calculating Group and Sub-Group Totals' example. I suggest you also look at the examples referred to in the links in the other thread.

Note that you'll be unable to do the order cost & quantity the way you've approached it, with those values at the top of the table, unless: (a) the resulting tables are joined afterwards; and (b) the cost & quantity are calculated by the macro that does the joining. The tutorial does show how those figures can be output at the bottom of the table, though.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]