Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Windows Live Mail won't send

OS: Win 7 Pro. Email: windows live email. plus, I have 3 email accounts with rogers.com. The problem: email can not be sent, however, the mail is being received. I have done the following: Checked settings-OK, updated from WLM 2009 to 2012, no change, uninstalled and re-installed WLM, no change.
    I have even created a new account on my PC and installed WLM, imported all of my email. It worked just fine. This however is not what I want, since I have a mass of information on my primary PC account..
    All of my accounts are normal on the server. I've spent more than 3 weeks trying to resolve the problem, to no avail.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Do you get a specific error message/code?

Joe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

alar (2014-03-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Joe for your prompt response. As soon as I select "Reply", "Forward" or "Email Message", Windows Live Mail caution window comes up with the following: "A problem occurred while trying to open message, Please try again". There is no code displayed.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Are these HTML emails? What browser do you have installed?

Joe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

alar (2014-03-29)

Thanks
    Hi alar, open WLM, click the 'Accounts' tab & select 'Properties' open the 'Advanced' tab and post an image of it. Make an Image and Post it.pdf
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

alar (2014-03-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using plain text. Browsers: IE, Firefox and Chrome.
    Thanks for the follow-up.
    alar

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roadrunner, following your instructions, I found that my WLM does not have an "Advanced "tab in Properties. However, in my 2 other non WLM it does exist. I presume because of the "POP3". Here's what the non WLM accounts show:
    Outgoing mail (SMTP): 465. This server requires a secure connection (SSL) YES
    Incoming mail ((POP3): 995 This server requires a secure connection (SSL) YES
    I apologize for not sending you the image(s), but being a "newbie" I had some problems locating the "attachment link.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Hi alar, changing the settings in WLM to POP3 should fix your problem.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

alar (2014-03-31)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Alar,
    According to Rogers, you do have the correct settings. Did you follow all the setup instructions as per their website? http://www.rogers.com/web/content/emaildownload
    Just select Windows Live Mail from the dropdown near the bottom to review the settings.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMac56 For This Useful Post:

alar (2014-03-31)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Rogers account setting have always been POP3, whereas my WLM (live) is set at: https://mail.services.live.com/Delta....0.0/sync.aspx. I also complied with all of the current Rogers instructions. As mentioned earlier in my thread, WLM works perfectly in my newly created PC User Account, with the same setting. On one of the forum I researched, it was suggested that my original PC User Account is probably corrupted. How else can I explain a fully functional WLM in my new user account...
    I am planning to follow their procedure in trying to reverse the situation, which is a little tricky. Over the past three weeks I came to realize that mine is not an isolated case.
    Will keep you advised. Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi BigMack, yes I did comply with all of the instructions give by Rogers. Please read what I wrote to Roaderunner for more of my case...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alar View Post
    Thank you Joe for your prompt response. As soon as I select "Reply", "Forward" or "Email Message", Windows Live Mail caution window comes up with the following: "A problem occurred while trying to open message, Please try again". There is no code displayed.
    An error at this point would point to a problem with WLM itself, otherwise you'd be able to at least create your message.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you checked the Application Event Log for any entry with more information?

Have you tried turning on WLM logging to see if you can capture more details? I don't have WLM anymore so I can't tell you where the setting is.

Joe

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

alar (2014-04-01)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was unable to locate the WLM, in fact, I didn't know it existed. "Windows error reporting" was not helpful.
    Having previously created a second PC users account, where I imported WLM, which is working just fine, I will give it "Administrator" status and give all of my Pgms in the first account "Permission" to share with the second account. I hope it will work. If it does, the second account will have all of my attention.

Thanks
    Hi alar, here is how to create WLM Logs.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast