Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lounger
    Thanks
    Straight talk phone with web access might be the cheapest option, but it depends on whether they would like to learn text style writing. I know a few people that have just gotten past the WEB-TV now. Whatever works for them & is comfortable to use. I wish I could just tell them not to worry about it, if they are fine without internet...carry on. The truth is, however, that it is getting harder and harder for people to actually do normal, non-technical business without it,which is somewhat sad.
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR-Boost Software
    www.boostsoftware.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinWalsh View Post
    Straight talk phone with web access might be the cheapest option, but it depends on whether they would like to learn text style writing. I know a few people that have just gotten past the WEB-TV now. Whatever works for them & is comfortable to use. I wish I could just tell them not to worry about it, if they are fine without internet...carry on. The truth is, however, that it is getting harder and harder for people to actually do normal, non-technical business without it,which is somewhat sad.
    While texting is great for quick bursts of information exchange, it doesn't really do the job of a full-blown email service with keyboard (typing) input. Sometimes the message or the attachments are just too complex or lengthy for texting. That's why I and a lot of folks also use Tablet or PC Apps or clients.
    -- Bob Primak --

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    In my pre-computer/online days, I bought a BT Dect phone that could send and receive e-mails but then found that my provider (non BT) didn't support that facility

Banned Member
    Thanks
    you can send and received email by smartphone if you have no PC or other problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12