New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 8 sharing Progams via desktop

I have Win 8. There is one admin account and 2 users accounts. I downloaded and installed Firefox via the admin account. I activated the user account and I shared the program from the the admin desktop to the desktop of the first user. I did not use the Metro Tiled Start screen. I selected the user. On the desktop of admin I think I right-clicked on the folder where I put the shortcut to Firefox and clicked on Share. Firefox appeared in the taskbar of that user and I have been able to have it function.

However when I perform the same procedure for the next user I cannot get Firefox onto the desktop of that user. I noticed that when I right-click on the folder containing Firefox in the admin user there is a menu containing a locked lock followed by the two user names and an option 'Specific people.'

I have been in the WinX menu and nothing seems to work. Please advise me on how to share the program Firefox from the admin to the other user using the desktop.

Thanks in advance.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was able to figure out the answer to this question.
    Login as the user that you want the program, in this case Firefox, to be useable.
    On the metro Start screen right-click on an empty spot.
    In the bottom-right corner click on All apps.
    from the menu select the app(program), in this case Firefox
    It will appear in the taskbar of that user