New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Folder Shows Contents of All Subfolders

I've had this problem for quite some time, and I've never been able to find a solution/reason.

I have a folder called Family, which is under My Documents. When I examine the contents of the folder using Windows Explorer (Libraries > My Documents > Family in the left pane), in the right pane I not only see the contents of the Family folder, but the contents of all of its subfolders. I'll see multiple files with the same name, but I know they belong to different subfolders because when I right-click on a file name and select Properties, I can see the subfolder in which it actually belongs.

There's one other folder which exhibits this behavior: the Downloads folder.

I can't figure out what has enabled this "feature," but it is sure annoying having to scroll through over 34,000 files trying to find the one that I want. Can anyone tell me how to turn this off?

Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, I finally found the answer. In the upper right corner of the right pane, I had Arrange by: set to Name. For some reason, that setting displays all of the files in all of the subfolders. I changed it back to Folder and everything is back to normal.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would try resetting your libraries to the default.
    Also try opening a CMD prompt and navigating to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents. Then type dir /al. If Family is a junction point you can trace where it goes and see how to resolve your problem.