Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    To get the all apps view when you go to the Start Screen by default in Windows 8.1, right click on a blank area of the desktop Task Bar and click on Properties. Click on the Navigation tab and then check the box next to "Show the Apps view automatically when I go to Start"

Jerry

Thanks
    I too have never cared for the traditional Windows start menu and I'm pleased it's gone.
    It was just something I had to deal with and clean up whenever new apps were installed.
    I hardly ever visited it, and with the advent of Windows 8, that hassle is at last no more.

...Now I have to deal with cleaning up the Windows start screen which is a bit easier.

The biggest beef with MS's new direction, and I can't disagree with it, is that the choice has been
    very disrespectfully removed in favor of MS thinking they can move millions of people in a certain
    direction with little to no input or consequence.

The marketplace, albeit imperfect as it is, will show MS that the average non literate computer user has, at least, some
    small degree of say...and now, just maybe, we can see them listening.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Win8.1 dopes like me who bought it should get free Win9 s/w

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What is with the lead-off to this thread?

"What you should know about Windows 8.1 Update

By Woody Leonhard

Netflix and Comcast now have an agreement allowing Netflix to link directly to Comcast's servers.

Similar agreements are in the works, involving Verizon and many other ISPs.
    The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/top-story/what-you-should-know-about-Windows-8-1-update/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns."

Someone screwed up the material, placing the NetFlix/Comcast statement and comments about Verizon and other ISPs in the wrong context.

Is it always this way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12