3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To enter a tab in a table cell one has to press Ctrl+Tab. It worked for me in Word 2003, but not in Word 2007 SP2. I use Windows 7 HP32.
    If I press Ctl+Tab absolutely nothing happens.
    Anybody any ideas?

Regards, Teunis

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Typing Control-Tab in a table cell works for me in Word 2007 SP2

Are you up to date with patches?
    Do you have any add-ins installed?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Win 7 64-bit and if I press Ctrl+tab in an Excel 2007 cell nothing happens either. That said I'm not sure I fully understand the question, what exactly are you trying to achieve when you say "enter a tab"?

Graham

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Stuart,

I am up-to-date with patches using SP2 and no macro's. Still dont know why it doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Graham,

with "tab" I mean inserting automatically a number of spaces "jump", so you can line-up beginning of sentences after a bullet, or number. If you have the paragraph mark switched on (in the home ribbon under View), then when you press the Tab key (or Ctrl + Tab in a Table cell) the tab sign is indicated by a horizontal arrow.

Regards, Teunis

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry I was distracted and for some reason thought you were talking about Excel, over here in a table in Word 2007 Ctrl+tab works as advertised and inserts a tab so I am a little mystified as to why it won't work for you, have you tried in more than one document, i.e. are you sure it always happens and is not just an isolated case possibly caused by a rogue document?

Graham

New Lounger
    Thanks

Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem you do not able to tab within a cell. Did you find a solution?
    Thanks
    Jana

Thanks
    The OfficeTab add-in was the culprit for me - it adds a tab for each document open in the Office application and Ctrl+Tab cycles thru the tabs.

I was using an early, free version (v1.22.090913). Not sure if the later versions let you change keyboard shortcut assignments; mine would not.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up tray this!

Quote Originally Posted by Teunis View Post
    To enter a tab in a table cell one has to press Ctrl+Tab. It worked for me in Word 2003, but not in Word 2007 SP2. I use Windows 7 HP32.
    If I press Ctl+Tab absolutely nothing happens.
    Anybody any ideas?

Regards, Teunis
    try this!
    Hold down the Alt key as you type 0009 on the numeric keypad.
    Last edited by Hidayat Jundurrohman; 2014-10-12 at 23:15.