Thanks

Master Browser Conflicts In Win XP x64

I have 2 XP x64 computers both claiming to be master browser with all the attendant event viewer errors and occasional Desk Top system errors. I have tried
    the Registry fix setting "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\Browser\Parameters IsdomainMaster=False" to true for the computer I would prefer to be a master followed by a reboot of both. Rebooted the master first and the other last after the first had completely finished. No luck, according to Browstat Status both are still the master.
    This is a complex local network with 3 XP x64 computers running along with a win 7 Pro x64, a Win 7 Home x64 and other devices like a nook and 5G phones.
    Ive read through "http://www.chicagotech.net/casestudy/masterbrowser8003.htm" and found no help yet. The MS KB tools won't install on the XP x64 boxes but a stand alone Browstat will run.

How can I end this problem?
    Delta-V

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I thought that went away w/ XP, try:
    net stop browser

Thanks
    According to the stats I've seen XP accounts for a little over 30% of computer users.
    I tried the net stop browser on 2 XP Pro x64 machines. On one it actually stopped the browser. on the other it said it stopped the browser but when I checked services it was still running. I set computer browser to manual and stopped it. After rebooting both one now says the Win 7 pro box is the master and the other can't find the master. Go Figure.

Cuda Power

I have 3 XP x64 boxes and 1 Win 7 x64 box running Seti@Home 24/7. I just completed my 90 millionth work unit last week or 77.77 quintillion floating-point operations.

Thanks for the help!
    Delta-V