Thread: Lumia Icon

Thanks

Lumia Icon

I've been using my new Nokia Lumina Icon now for a week or so and for the most part I really like it. About the only thing I don't like is that the longest I can set the lock screen timer though is 5 minutes. I had my HTC 8X set for about 15 minute. Miss that!
    I'd give it 4 1/2 stars.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    I guess you meant Lumia?

You can set the time without requiring a password to more than 5 mins, which I guess is what really matters? Without a password it's just a swipe up and the 5 mins limit seems just a sensible way to save battery.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I guess you meant Lumia?

You can set the time without requiring a password to more than 5 mins, which I guess is what really matters? Without a password it's just a swipe up and the 5 mins limit seems just a sensible way to save battery.
    Well if you know a way to extend that out before the phone goes to sleep, let me know...

Yea I meant Lumina LOL
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    I have only seen 4 options for that, both with Windows Phone 7, 7.5 and 8: 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes or 5 minutes. Paul Thurrott's book on Windows Phone 8 (a free download), also shows only those, so this seems an OS related feature, not a specific manufacturer option.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    WOW the more I play with this phone the more I love it. I see that both Microsoft and Nokia have been working diligently behind closed doors and not so closed doors improving things. Of all of the new apps that are available for this phone, I would have to say that the updated Blink photo app is right up there. It has been updated to where I am now able to send it to Facebook, as well as make a .gif as well..
    But! really that is pale in comparison to the new and improved Nokia Beamer app that I played with this morning. What this app does, is allow the user to send either locally or remotely what ever is showing on your phone screen to another persons computer. Apparently the Nokia Beamer app replaces PhotoBeamer. As I understand it through searching on Bing, is that the PhotoBeamer app only allowed the sharing of photos, whereas the Nokia Beamer app now allows photos, documents, and yep even your start screen...... WTH am I going to find out next....
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Nokia exclusive apps were a major reason for buying Nokia hardware (although the hardware was, by itself, the best running Windows Phone). They have some really great stuff.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    that they do. I feel like I am just at the tip of the iceberg.....
    Thanks John