Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spam filtering OL2002 (OL2002)

Will the OL filter work if I just specify a domain name? Getting bugged big time at the moment by various (?) users @ "reply.pm0.net". If not, can it be set up to filter on domains names ?

Thanks
    David

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spam filtering OL2002 (OL2002)

use the rule for specific words in the header and i'd recommend using just the domain part, not the server too (as in just pn0.net). We're filting on that domain and they use a number of different servers to send from.

Also, you might want to add postmastergeneral.com to a filter as well. they are worse than pn0.net and if one has your name, the other soon will.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

My (belated) thanks. I have been diverted the last day or so, including a close shave with Goner! (Fortunately had the latest security patch applied).

Your suggestion to use the "rule for specific words in the header " relates to "ordinary filtering" ? Under Junk mail, I only get the option to add (or edit) senders, or have I missed something ? There is a text file listing other rules the OL applies for detecting junk mail, but I cannot find out where these rules can be edited. The MS documentation seems imply that the text file itself (C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice101033FILTERS.TXT) appears to be included for information, rather than being data actually used by OL

User options (that I have found under the "organise" button) seem to be very limited. It would help greatly if there are other options - especially if I can filter on the headers as you indicated.

Again thanks
    David

Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK, I worked it out - under "Rules Wizard" rather than "Organise".

Now, if only it was possible to apply the rule to specific fields in the header (ie. From & Reply).

I'd like to add juno.com to the list. Getting junk mail ex that address & I do not know anyone who posts from it, but I have had legit mail that was cc.d to someone with a juno.com address. That mail got junked along with the spam.

David