2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win 8.01 Screen saver

I rotated some landscape .jpg to portrait however, win 8.01 screensaver shows the files unrotated. How do I fix this showing the rotated files.
    Thank you
    Jimmy

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It may be the program you used to rotate the photo with. Some only store the metadata for a rotated photo without physically rotating and saving it in that form. Then anything else that doesn't pick up on the metadata file for that photo will ignore the rotation information. If the program did NOT ask if you wanted to save the photo after rotation then that is probably what is happening. If so just use a program that actually rotates the photo and requires you to save the photo or it will revert to original rotation.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for this reply I used Windows five photo gallery the rotated photos show fine in gallery

Thanks
    You can rotate photos in File Explorer. Simply right click on the photo and choose Rotate Right or Rotate Left.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I installed LivePhoto Gallery 2012, I think, and rotated a photo. It did not ask me if I wanted to save it that way so that seems to be the problem. Just use XnView, Faststone Viewer, or Irfanview (I think) to rotate them and then save it that way when it asks and you'll be good to go. Hard saving rewrites the orientation metadata.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank I'v installed Irfanview